THE WRITE PLACE, a writing camp for youth aged 10-14, will debut in Wauwatosa this summer. The camp runs from 9:00 AM until noon for one week. Two sessions are available to choose from (July 6-9 and August 16-20).
Each day of the camp is a new workshop conducted by an experienced teacher or local author. These guests share their writing process, offer instruction and read from their books. They are not only talented writers; they are creative and passionate about inspiring young people to tap into their writing potential.
Local educators involved in teaching at the camp include Carrie Sgarlata, Leann Glaser and Will Ulrich from the Wauwatosa School District, Linda Simko from Christ King School and Clint Weishaar from Greendale Middle School. Local author Richard Kirsch will also be presenting.
Throughout the camp, young writers have the opportunity to develop their writing, editing and critiquing skills and even explore markets for publication. At the end of the week, all participants can choose to select one piece of work to publish on THE WRITE PLACE website.
The camp will be held in the Christ King Parish Center, at 2604 N. Swan Boulevard. The cost of the camp is $130/Session One and $160/Session Two. For registration information, visit the website at http://web.me.com/jfgabriel/Site/About_Us.html.
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Campus News
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- 2016 Jazz Festival to feature Chris Vadala
- Lake Cottage Duo to Perform Free Recital
- MCW professor appointed to advisory board for Ireland’s Fighting Blindness organization
- Milwakee Teen Takes Gold! Headed to World Irish Dance Championship in Scotland
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program