Welcome, Baby! connects parents to support, education, resources
The Family Life Center of St. Stephen Catholic Church announces the launch of Welcome, Baby!, an education and support program for expectant parents and parents of infants under one year of age. Welcome, Baby! is a free, ten-week program led by professionally trained facilitators and features guest speakers such as a labor and delivery nurse and an infant massage therapist.
“Welcome, Baby! is a happy blend of information, discussion, and play,” said Gail Green, Group Facilitator. “Parents are encouraged to ask questions and share their own experiences with the group.”
The Welcome, Baby! program includes information on safe sleep practices, child development and self-care for parents. Participants connect with other new parents and build knowledge and skills that will serve them throughout their baby’s childhood.
“Pregnancy and the first year of parenthood are joyful times, but a new baby can also bring upheaval and uncertainty,” said Green. “Welcome, Baby! emphasizes parenting skills that enhance brain development, and parents become more confident about being a parent. We also want new parents to develop healthy self-care habits such as reaching out to others when they need help.”
Welcome, Baby! is offered on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. beginning September 15 and continuing through November 17. Moms, dads, and grandparents are invited to attend. The group will be held at The Family Life Center located within St. Stephen Catholic Church, 1441 West Oakwood, Oak Creek.
To register for Welcome, Baby!, call Debby Pizur at 414/762-0552.
The Welcome, Baby! concept and curriculum were developed by The Parenting Network. For more information about The Parenting Network, please visit theparentingnetwork.org.
- OCJK Tryouts
- Oak Creek’s Gina Miliacca, Miss St. Francis, leaves for Miss Wisconsin Competition June 19th– Public Welcome!
- Friday Night Trivia!
- Oak Creek HOSA Extends Gratitude Towards Community Members
- Celebrate Read Across America Day at the Oak Creek Library with Miss Kenosah March 2nd 6-7pm
- Applebee's Pancake Breakfast March 12 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Story Time with the Milwaukee Admirals & Roscoe
- Oak Creek Public Library Preschool Story Time
- Fall Family Story Time September 23
- Wisconsin's largest Postage Stamp Show in Milwaukee Sept 25-27, 2015