Saturday, October 3rd is the date for the second annual community Oktoberfest hosted by St. John's Lutheran Church at the corner of South 27th & Oakwood in Oak Creek. Everyone is invited to enjoy this community event.
Festivities start at 11:00 AM and run until 6:00 PM. The event includes live music, German style food and beverages. There are also plenty of free carnival style games for kids and adults. The fun will also feature a bouncy house, sumo suit wresting, jousting and Velcro sports. Additionally, there will be free raffles for many door prizes.
This year St. John's will also be collecting school supplies for Iraqi children. Attendees are urged to either bring new school supply items or donate money to help defray the cost of shipping. This program is in cooperation with the US Army.
Car show enthusiasts are also invited to bring and show off their classic cars.
Oktoberfest will be held rain or shine. In the event of rain, the festivities will be held in St. John's school building.
For further information call St. John's church office at 414-761-0124.
- New Play Initiative: A New Commission by Regina Taylor
- Vanishing Point
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat