Volunteers from AFS Intercultural Programs - Milwaukee Team will be hosting two information sessions for students interested in AFS high school and gap-year exchange programs, as well as for families interested in hosting an AFS exchange student. The sessions will be at the Franklin Public Library, Fadrow Room A, 9151 W. Loomis Rd, Franklin, on Tuesday July 14 at 7PM, and at the North Shore Public Library, Community Room, 6800 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale, on Monday July 20 at 7PM.
The sessions with include discussion of the benefits of international cultural exchange, the various AFS programs available and how to begin the application process, as well as information about scholarships and financial aid. Families can also learn about what is required to host an AFS student for the year and how to apply.
For over 60 years, Milwaukee families have been hosting AFS high school exchange students, and last year fifty-four families in our area had great experiences. Ten high school students from the Milwaukee area are now abroad on AFS summer programs in several countries including Turkey, Panama, and Thailand. And twelve students from Milwaukee and suburban high schools will soon be leaving on year and semester programs to Italy, Japan, China and more.
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?