Health Department to Host Heart Health Education Event on February 7, 2014
Greenfield, WI – February is a month that not only reminds us of hearts and candies due to Valentine’s Day, but also because it’s a month that promotes heart health. February honors American Heart Month and Go Red For Women to highlight tips and strategies on keeping your ticker healthy.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, the Greenfield Health Department is hosting a Go Red Heart Health Event on Friday, February 7th from 12:00-4:00p in Greenfield City Hall, Room 105. This event is free to all and no registration is required. The event will have:
•Educational resources regarding the importance of heart health
•Samples of heart healthy snacks and take-home recipes
•Raffles for a chance to win exciting prizes
The Health Department serves as a resource to the community and can provide recommendations on how to make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Some key risk factors to control include watching your weight, quitting smoking and staying away from secondhand smoke, controlling your cholesterol and blood pressure, drinking alcohol only in moderation and living a healthy and active life.
For more information on how to keep your heart healthy you may visit the Greenfield Health Department website at www.greenfieldwi.us/health. Additional resources may be found at the American Hearth Association webpage (www.heart.org/HEARTORG) and Go Red For Women webpage (www.goredforwomen.org/).
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?