The Muskego 6th grade girls basketball team participated in the Wisconsin State Invitational Championship Tournament in Merrill, Wausau and Marathon on March 23 and 24 for the second year in a row, and represented well.
"This is an invitation-only tournament, so our girls were chosen as the cream of the crop from among all of those in the state," stated Schroeder. "They did very well again this year, placing 5th among the teams from across the state."
This tournament, which was organized by The Great Northwest Basketball League, brought together 83 of the top community-based 6th grade girls basketball teams from all across the State of Wisconsin. Schroeder said that while all of the girls needed to be within the Muskego-Norway School District, they included talent from St. Paul Lutheran, Hales Corners Lutheran, Lake Denoon, Bay Lane Middle School and one player who lives in the district, but is home-schooled.
If you're interested in joining the league, the Muskego Girls Basketball Organization will hold its sign ups for the 2013-14 winter season on Sunday, May 19 at Muskego High School's cafeteria beginning at 6:30 p.m. Schroeder said the organization features up to two teams per grade for girls in 4th-8th grades. Contact the City of Muskego Rec Dept for more details at 262-679-4100.
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?