Looking for something to do that is relaxing and enjoyable to start out your week twice a month? The West Allis Public Library has much to offer the community, and among those offerings are the free Leisure Timers programs which occur on the second and fourth Mondays of the month,(except for Holiday weeks).
Leisure Timers programs are for adults who enjoy viewing films and slides and listening to talks relating to travel, history, and other subjects of interest. Presentations begin at 10:00 a.m. and last for about an hour. Below is the upcoming calendar for the remainder of the year:
August 27: Paula Friedman from the Wisconsin Humanities Council presents "Life's Topsy-Turvy Journey: Stages and Ages in Literature and Film" (Slides)
September 10: Tony Busalacchi presents "Berlin Today" (Slides)
September 24: "The Perfect English Village" (British Heritage Collection) (DVD)
October 8: Janet and Carl Klein present "Thailand: Travels, Temples, and More!" (Talk & Video)
October 22: "Penguins: The Birds that Wanted to Be Fish" (DVD)
November 12: Allan Heninger presents "South Dakota, Wyoming, Southeastern Montana: Various Landmarks and Sites" (Slides)
December 10: "Alaska's Wild Denali" (Denali National Park) (DVD)
(No programs on November 26 and December 24 due to Holidays)
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?