The City of Franklin Environmental Commission received a grant from the Root-Pike Watershed Initiative Network to label approximately 3000 storm drains with special curb markers intended to remind residents not to dump pollutants into the drains.
Many people aren’t aware that pollutants that enter these drains can flow directly into the tributaries of the Root River and ultimately Lake Michigan.
The Boy Scout Troops 532 and 539 are in the process of assisting the Environmental Commission with this tremendous task. Others interested in volunteering to help with this worthwhile project can contact the City of Franklin Planning Department at 414-425-4024.
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?