Harvest at the Homestead is the place to shop for the veggies you need for your Fourth of July celebration. The market at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave., scheduled for Saturday, July 2, will provide just what you need to nourish both your family and your garden.
A new vendor, Sue Ski Farm, will offer organic, 100 per cent worm casting fertilizer, known by many as "black gold." This product will be suitable for house plants as well as all garden plants.
A specialty booth staffed by a master gardener will provide home gardening tips. Representatives of the Hales Corners Historical Society will offer publications and information about their society.
Market visitors will find vegetables and flowers at the booths staffed by Garden Girls, Hack Farms, Ma V. Cha, and Tshengzoo Lor. Viola's Honey will offer bee pollen and beeswax candles as well as honey. You can enjoy tasty baked goods from Sweet Somethings along with freshly brewed coffee from Friends of the Hales Corners Pool.
Pamper yourself with handmade soaps and lotions from Olcobi Naturals and Beauty by Brenna.
The Homestead invites you to take a free tour of the 1870s farmhouse where a new display, Making a Living on the Land, features the artifacts used by settlers to create a productive farm.
Homestead vendors accept WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
For more information, call market manager Robert Stockinger at (414) 708-0584, or visit our website, www.HarvestattheHomestead.org.
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?