Healthy eating is coming to the Hales Corners area on Saturday, June 18, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, when the farmers market opens at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave.
All the vendors from last year are returning, including Hack Farms, Jerry's Orchard, Sweet Somethings, Hummer Hill Wood Crafts, and Viola's Honey, along with others that offer a variety of produce and fresh flowers. At the first market, bedding plants will be offered by the Hales Corners Historical Society. That's also one of the dates Marilyn Jacobsen will be there with her spinning wheel and handmade woolen items she creates from the fleece of her flock.
New vendors include Garden Girls Produce with vegetables and fruits and Beauty by Brenna with handmade bath and body products. Friends of the Hales Corners Pool will be there with Stone Creek Coffee, freshly brewed, and one-pound bags. The Hales Corners Health Department in collaboration with Boerner Botanical Gardens will staff a specialty booth with planting education for youth.
The Homestead now accepts WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
Check out our website, www.HarvestattheHomestead.org for more information or call our market manager, Robert Stockinger, at (414) 708-0584.
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?