Congratulations to the U12 Oak Creek Storm baseball team for winning the Memorial Day “Slugfest in the Swamp” tournament in Pleasant Prairie.
The team started playing early Saturday and came out of pool play with the number 3 seed in the championship bracket. They tried to get the games in Sunday, but were thwarted by thunderstorms and rain with the games being rescheduled for Monday. The team came out strong, run ruling the Racine Ericksons 13-3 in five innings to win the semifinal game. The game featured a barrage of hitting, solid pitching, and good defense. The team then went into the final against a solid and well coached New Berlin Magic team. The bats continued to stay hot and coupled with solid pitching won 10-9 to claim the championship trophy. Way to go boys!
The team includes players Vinny Ellarson, Jaelin Ferdinand, Dylan Fluegel, Matt Kasar, Zach Logic, Trevor Mumm, Nate Shoeman, Bryce Schultz, Jakup Sinani, Tyler Weber, and Danny Ziolkowski. It's coached by Cheryl Patane, Kujt Sinani, Doug Kasar, and Dan Mumm.
- New Play Initiative: A New Commission by Regina Taylor
- Vanishing Point
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat