Looking for a fun summertime activity for you or your kids? Why not learn sign language? The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness is now accepting registrations for upcoming sign language classes for kids and adults, to be held at the Center, located at 10243 W. National Avenue in West Allis. Whether you want to learn a new language, are a parent of a child with hearing loss or other special needs, or are looking for a fun enrichment activity for your children this summer, CCHD sign language classes are available for all skill levels and interests.
CLASSES FOR ADULTS
American Sign Language I: Tuesdays, June 7 - August 9, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
American Sign Language II: Wednesdays, June 8 - August 10, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Signing with Young Children: Wednesdays, June 22 – July 27, 6:00 PM to 7:15 PM
CLASSES FOR KIDS
Parent & Child Sign Class (Ages 4-8): Tuesdays, June 21 - July 26, 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Youth Sign Class (Ages 9-14): Wednesdays, June 22 - July 27, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
For full class details or to register online for any these classes, please visit www.cchdwi.org or call 414-604-2200. Registrations must be received one week prior to the start of class.
The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness (CCHD) is a non-profit agency that has been serving children and adults with hearing loss in Wisconsin for the past 85 years. CCHD offers a full range of services and technologies to enhance the quality of life of individuals with hearing loss.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?