I feel it is necessary to clarify my role on the Transition Team for the current and future Milwaukee County executives that will be appointed or elected in the next few months.
1. My taking an advisory role on the Transition Team is based on me being elected as the Chairman of the Milwaukee County Intergovernmental Cooperation Council (ICC) which is comprised of the mayors and village presidents of the municipalities within Milwaukee County. I was asked to be an advisor to the current County Executive and to future county executives, not as the Mayor of Franklin but as the Chairman of the ICC.
2. My acceptance to the position on the Transition Team in no way limits me to supporting a certain candidate for County Executive. I am supporting State Representative Jeff Stone for Milwaukee County Executive. I believe that Jeff Stone has done an exceptional job as Franklin’s State Representative and I think he will do a great job as the next Milwaukee County Executive.
3. I have been elected and reelected as Chairman of the ICC and during that time I have negotiated with Scott Walker the EMS/Paramedic Agreements for all the municipalities in Milwaukee County and I have had to lobby to get this program ratified by the County Board of Supervisors and therefore it is important that I continue to work with the County Executive to make certain that the Paramedic Program continues without interruption.
a. As the Chairman of the ICC I have and continue to work with the County Board and the County Executive regarding items like shared revenue, the Milwaukee County Department of Public Works, the Milwaukee County Federated Library System, the Lake Front Development Commission, the Sheriff's Department, the Emergency Government Department, the Milwaukee County Parks Department, the Airport, and many other departments of Milwaukee County. Obviously the mayors and village presidents have a vested interest in making sure that roads, parks, libraries etc. are working effectively and therefore whenever possible we try and work in a cooperative manner with Milwaukee County's representatives.
4. As the Chairman of the ICC I have been meeting with representatives of the Greater Milwaukee Committee and the Public Policy Forum to work to make Milwaukee County Government operate better because that is in the best interest of my constituents.
5. I view my role on the Transition Team as an advisor and not an appointee. I will try and communicate to the County Executive and or executives in the next several months the feelings and wishes of the members of the ICC should the mayors and village presidents wish me to make such recommendations.
I hope this helps to clarify why I accepted the position on the Transition Team?
- 2017 Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?