The USPS Greenfield Branch Offers 24-Hour Service At Its Automated Postal Center On Veteran’s Day
The Greenfield Post Office wants to remind you that they will be closed for retail and delivery services to observe Veterans Day on Thursday November 11th, 2010.
The post office does offer 24 hour service at their Automated Postal Center located in the outer lobby at 7353 W. Forest Home Ave. for your mailing needs.
Veterans Day gives Americans the opportunity to celebrate the bravery and sacrifice of all U.S. veterans. Veterans Day, formerly known as Armistice Day, was originally set as a U.S. legal holiday to honor the end of World War I, which officially took place on November 11, 1918. In legislation that was passed in 1938, November 11 was "dedicated to the cause of world peace and to be hereafter celebrated and known as 'Armistice Day.'" As such, this new legal holiday honored World War I veterans.
In 1954, after having been through both World War II and the Korean War, the 83rd U.S. Congress -- at the urging of the veterans service organizations -- amended the Act of 1938 by striking out the word "Armistice" and inserting the word "Veterans." With the approval of this legislation on June 1, 1954, Nov. 11 became a day to honor American veterans of all wars.
The Greenfield Post Office would like to thank America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.
The Postal Service is changing to meet the customer’s needs, making it easier to mail your letters and packages when you need us.
Julie Joers, Manager, Greenfield Post Office
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale