Franklin - The annual DJ's Court Tourney, a three-on-three basketball tournament honoring former Franklin High School star Christine Rathke, will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the high school.
The event, which was dedicated to Rathke in 2003, raises money for the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Since 2003, the tournament has raised about $10,882 from team fees and donations.
The tournament is open to male and female players of all skill levels ages 16 and up. Participants form teams of three or four players or can sign up for a free agent pool, which pairs players without teams.
The tournament began in the summer of 2000 in a Franklin driveway and has developed into a charity event to honor Rathke, who was killed in a car crash on Feb. 16, 2003.
For more information, contact DJ Slater at (414) 416-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Franklin baseball team struggled with inconsistency in 2016 campaign
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin to advance to sectional final
- Football: Sabers seniors get one more chance to make on-field impact
- Franklin baseball team downs Sussex Hamilton, Wauwatosa East to take third in Greater Metro
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin, 7-3, advances to GMC final
- Franklin baseball team still searching for consistency as WIAA tournament approaches
- Sports Notes: July 7, 2016
- Franklin's Chmielewski inducted into UW-Oshkosh Hall of Fame
- Metoxen, Reinick lead Franklin baseball team past Brookfield Central
- Franklin baseball team wins own wood bat tournament after struggling in GMC