Sam Mentkowski of Whitnall captured second place in the 400-meter dash with 52.08 seconds at the Woodland Conference boys track and field outdoor meet on Monday in Brown Deer.
Mentkowski's runner-up effort helped the Falcons tally 37 points for sixth place in the 13-team event, which was won by New Berlin West with 125 points.
Joe Pokrzywa was the highest finisher for Greendale with a fourth-place finish in the 110-meter hurdles at 16.23 seconds. The Panthers scored 17 points for 12th place.
Whitnall's 1,600 squad of Mike Grim, Joe Alexopolus, Mentkowski and Paul Howard ran third with 3 minutes, 30.9 seconds.
The Falcons also had fourth places from Austin Hurst in the high jump (5 feet 8 inches) and Eric Ratkowski in the discus (112-8).
Taking fifth were Mentkowski in the 200 dash (23.47) and Greendale's 400 group of Pokrzywa, Mike Scheidt, Tyler Voss and Sean Fialkorski (46.17).
Coming in sixth were Joey Unrein of Greendale in the 1,600 run (4:39.72), John Paul Carvalho of Greendale in the pole vault (10-6) and Grim of Whitnall in the 200 dash (23.73).
Earlier, Whitnall took sixth with 59 points in the West Allis Hale Invitational on Friday evening.
The 800 relay team of Alexopolus, Grim, Mentkowski and Zabien Porter took second (1:33.37).
Taking third were Mentkowski in the 200 dash (23.38) and triple jump (39-7), Tyler Centers in the 1,600 (4:52.91) and the 400 throwers relay of Ethan Harycki, Ratkowski, Jovan Radisavevic and Nick Crivello (55.9).
Whitnall was also sixth with 57 points in the Richmond-Erickson Invitational May 7 at Hart Park.
Alexopolus, Howard, Mentkowski and Grim were second in the 1,600 relay (3:28.48) and taking third were Hurst in the high jump (5-6) and the 800 relay of Andy Karwoski, Patrick Wyrowski, Max Anderer and Porter (1:34.17).
The Greendale boys tallied 446 points for eighth in the Cedarburg True Team Invitational on May 9.
The 3,200 unit of Unrein, Nico Gomez, Thomas Welch and Devin Metz took second (8:57).
- Franklin baseball team struggled with inconsistency in 2016 campaign
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin to advance to sectional final
- Football: Sabers seniors get one more chance to make on-field impact
- Franklin baseball team downs Sussex Hamilton, Wauwatosa East to take third in Greater Metro
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin, 7-3, advances to GMC final
- Franklin baseball team still searching for consistency as WIAA tournament approaches
- Sports Notes: July 7, 2016
- Franklin's Chmielewski inducted into UW-Oshkosh Hall of Fame
- Metoxen, Reinick lead Franklin baseball team past Brookfield Central
- Franklin baseball team wins own wood bat tournament after struggling in GMC