1A stealth player this season for the Knights could be Veloz, who is coming off a great season at tight end for the Oak Creek football team. A stong and athletic 6-3 player, he is getting a lot of Division I football interest.
2The Knights will have to work hard on their team defense against taller teams, as among their returnees, they do not boast anyone taller than 6-3 with six players under six feet.
3With their experience, the Knights are hoping to break a streak of five straight losing seasons. Their last winning campaign came in 2005-06 when they boasted a 17-4 mark.
Playoffs: Lost in regionals to Racine Park, 56-34
The upward trend for the Knights should continue this winter, as on paper they return their top five scorers from a year ago. In order to make that happen, Oak Creek will need to improve its offense as the Knights struggled to score 40 points a game last season in a very challenging Southeast race. Garner, a lightning-quick guard, should be the focal point of that offensive improvement.
Coach: Mike Jossie
Key returnees: Terrence Garner, Jr. (11.4 ppg.); Casey Magyar, Sr. (8 ppg.); Jonathan Breen, Sr. (6.8); Nicholas Harlan, Sr. (5.2); Jordan Veloz, Jr. (4.2); Zach Harvey, Jr. (3.3).
Key losses: Jordan Hoffmeier (3.9).
Nov. 29 - South Milwaukee; Dec. 9 - Racine Park; Dec. 13 - Franklin; Dec. 16 - at Racine Case; Dec. 20 - at West Allis Hale; Dec. 27 - at Daytona Beach (Fla.) Tourney; Dec. 28 - at Daytona Beach Tourney; Dec. 30 - at Daytona Beach Tourney; Jan. 3 - Kenosha Bradford; Jan. 6 - at Kenosha Tremper; Jan. 10 - at Racine Horlick; Jan. 13 - Muskego; Jan. 16 - at Westosha Central; Jan. 20 - at Racine Park; Jan. 31 - at Franklin; Feb. 3 - Racine Case; Feb. 7 - at Kenosha Bradford; Feb. 10 - Kenosha Tremper; Feb. 17 - Racine Horlick; Feb. 23 - at Muskego.
- Walks catch up to Oak Creek baseball team in state loss to Marquette
- Baseball: Big inning leads Marquette past Oak Creek in state semifinal
- Big inning boosts Oak Creek baseball team past Muskego and on to state
- Big third inning lifts Oak Creek baseball team past Franklin, 8-3
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin to advance to sectional final
- 'No worries': Ellifson's hit earns Oak Creek the GMC tourney title
- Richter's 'big' hit leads Oak Creek baseball team past Franklin in GMC semis
- Baseball: D.J. Ellifson's single lifts Oak Creek baseball team to Greater Metro tourney title
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin, 7-3, advances to GMC final
- Three Oak Creek softball players make All-Suburban team