Woman struck by car during spat in Franklin Walmart lot
Incident occurred on Thanksgiving Day
Franklin - A pedestrian was injured after a driver allegedly struck her with her car during an argument in the parking lot at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., on Thanksgiving Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
The victim, a 43-year-old Cudahy woman, told police the accident began as an argument when a driver sped through the parking lot and almost struck her about 9:10 p.m. Nov. 22. When she yelled at the driver to slow down, the driver put her car in reverse and the two began to yell and swear at each other.
The woman stated the driver reached out and punched her in the face during the argument. She then continued to back her vehicle up and deliberately turn it toward her, knocking her to the ground and causing abrasions to her right hand and both knees.
Police questioned the driver, a 35-year-old Milwaukee woman, who said the victim and five other people began pounding on her vehicle. She said the victim stuck her head and hands inside her vehicle while yelling at her, causing her to be fearful for her 9-year-old son, and she admitted punching the woman in the mouth.
Video surveillance shown to police by a Walmart employee did not reveal the altercation or accident. However, two independent witnesses stated they saw the driver speed past the victim, put her car in reverse and stop momentarily, then continue to reverse and knock the pedestrian down.
According to the police log, the investigating officer told the Milwaukee woman she would not be cited for striking the Cudahy woman, but she will be at fault for the accident. Citations are pending the completion of the accident report.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment