A 21-year-old woman who called 911 to report her stove was on fire was later arrested for drug violations after fire officials found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in her residence Saturday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Franklin Fire Department and police responded to a report of a stove fire at a home in the 6600 block of South Parkedge Circle about 10:40 a.m. Saturday.
It was determined the fire was started by bacon grease, and the stove was quickly removed from the residence by the firefighters.
A fire lieutenant who was clearing smoke from the rooms reported finding a plastic bag containing a green, leafy substance and a red bong in plain view. Canine officer Charlie was brought into the home and found several other smoking pipes and marijuana blunts.
All the items tested positive for THC, and the woman cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment