Jessie Rodriguez of Franklin will replace retiring state Rep. Mark Honadel in representing District 21, having garnered 56 percent of the vote and beating Elizabeth Coppola of South Milwaukee.
Locally, voters followed the district trend. Rodriguez won the majority in Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and Franklin.
In Oak Creek, district voters cast 2,621 ballots for Rodriguez and 1,727 for Coppola.
In South Milwaukee, Rodriguez claimed 1,753 votes and Coppola 1,711.
In Franklin, Rodriguez won 172 votes compared to Coppola's 82.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers Wednesday, after press deadline.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment