A 53-year-old Franklin woman was killed when the motorcycle she was riding on was rear-ended by a car on North Cape Road and Forest Home Avenue at 1:50 p.m. July 28.
The victim, Anne Dillig, was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by her husband, Randy Dillig, 57, when they were struck from behind by a car driven by a 61-year-old woman.
After the impact, Anne Dillig was ejected from the motorcycle, driven over, dragged and trapped under the striking vehicle until it was lifted off her by passersby who stopped to assist.
She was transported to Froedtert Hospital by the Franklin Fire Department, where she was pronounced dead at 2:32 p.m.
The fatal accident is under review and no citations have been issued.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment