Police responded to Bootz Saloon and Grill after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting a large fight apparently involving racial slurs at 2:25 a.m. June 7.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Witnesses said a man at Bootz Saloon, 8950 S. 27th St., started the fight by using racial slurs toward another male patron, which led to a verbal altercation.
A second male then hit the patron on the head with a beer bottle, causing a large laceration, and the three starting scuffling. The patron was tackled into the front door, causing about $500 worth of damage to a window pane.
During the altercation a male security guard also got struck in the back with a beer bottle, but both victims refused medical attention. An uninvolved witness tentatively identified the man who started the disturbance, but the two suspects fled before police arrived and after they received multiple 911 calls about the fight.
Police are reviewing video surveillance of the incident and the investigation is ongoing.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre