Oak Creek paramedics took one man, along with a piece of his ear, to the hospital after a chunk of his ear was bitten off during a bar fight in Oak Creek on May 19.
According to the police log:
A bartender at Diane's Second Chance, 9430 S. 27th St., called 911 after one man was injured after a bar fight shortly after 2 a.m. May 19.
When police arrived they found an injured man in the parking lot who stated that he and another unknown man had a verbal altercation in the parking lot before entering the bar. Once both men were inside the bar a physical altercation ensued.
The injured man admitted to police that he punched the other man after he was pushed, and then both men began wrestling on the ground. During the altercation the man told police that the unknown man bit off a 1-inch piece of his right ear.
The "biter" fled the scene before police arrived.
The Oak Creek Fire Department took the injured man to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital. The piece of ear was also taken to Wheaton Franciscan and turned over to the emergency room staff.
Police are still investigating the incident.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre