Police are investigating a phone call to an Oak Creek woman by someone who stated he was a detective with the Oak Creek Police Department.
According to the police:
A 25-year-old Oak Creek woman reported she was driving home from a movie when she received a call on her cellphone from an unknown number. The unidentified caller stated he was a detective from the Oak Creek Police Department and asked her what kind of car she drove. When the woman questioned the suspect about his identity, he stated he would send an officer to her house if she gave him her address.
The woman did not give the caller any information before hanging up, and told officers she did not recognize the voice or the number. She also stated she called the number back but no one answered. Officers are following up on the cell number.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment