A 42-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for physical abuse of a child after he allegedly beat up his 15-year-old stepson Sept. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police were made aware of the incident after they received an anonymous phone call at 11 a.m. Sept. 28, stating that a 15-year-old boy had been substantially injured during an altercation with his non-adoptive stepfather.
The boy had bruises on his nose, arms and chest, his forehead was swollen above the left eye and the back of his head was swollen.
The boy told officers he bled from his nose, a cut above his left eye and his left ear after being struck by his stepfather. He reported significant pain.
After the stepfather was read his rights and signed a waiver, he admitted causing the boy's injuries by striking him multiple times in the face, head, ears, chest and arms about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
He was arrested for physical abuse of a child, a Class H felony. If convicted, he could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre