Oak Creek - A 24-year-old Franklin man was arrested for drunken driving after he fled from officers who tried to talk to him while he was waiting for his food in the drive-thru lane at McDonald's on March 2.
According to the police report:
At 2:48 a.m., an employee at McDonald's, 9471 S. 13th St., reported a drunken driver in the drive-thru lane. The employee told police the man appeared highly intoxicated, was slurring his words and had forgotten what he ordered.
When an officer approached the man's vehicle, he sped from the parking lot, traveling west on Ryan Road from 13th Street. Officers pursued the vehicle a short distance, then called off the pursuit at 2:52 a.m. The driver continued west on Ryan Road to 33rd Street, where he got out of his car and attempted to run off.
The man was taken into custody by Franklin police at 2:53 a.m. and was arrested for second-offense drunken driving and eluding police. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment