A 40-year-old Franklin man who dropped his motorcycle twice before it started on fire was arrested for drunken driving during the early hours of June 8.
According to the Greendale police report:
A witness reported a man "dumped" his bike near 43rd Street and College Avenue shortly after 3 a.m. June 8.
While trying to pick the bike up, the driver dropped it again and the motorcycle started on fire, the witness said. The driver put out the fire, started the motorcycle and headed west on College Avenue.
Officers pulled the man over on 51st Street and Xavier Drive, where he was arrested for drunken driving. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
The man also was cited for failure to keep his vehicle under control.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment