A 42-year-old man was arrested after he called the Franklin Police Department on Jan. 17 claiming his vehicle had been stolen, but police found it in a ditch with footprints leading from it to the man's home.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man called police at 2:15 a.m. Jan. 17 claiming his 2004 Dodge Durango had been stolen from his driveway.
Before he made the report, police had received a report that a Durango was in a ditch in the 2900 block of West Puetz Road.
Police followed footprints around the vehicle toward the man's home in the 8500 block of South 35th Street. They arrested him for a probation violation and filing a false police report.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment