Oak Creek — A man was banned from a grocery store after he got angry and punched a self-checkout machine during the early morning hours of Jan. 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police responded to Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., after an employee reported that an older man with a beard who was wearing a star-spangled headband and a flannel shirt was yelling at employees and had punched a machine about 2:45 a.m. Jan. 14.
Officers spoke to the employee, who said the man was attempting to check out his groceries at a self-checkout machine when he got upset because the machine wouldn't accept his cash.
He then proceeded to yell at the machine and the manager, and ended up punching the screen on the self-checkout station, causing it to shatter.
The man admitted to police that he punched the machine out of frustration, and he was cited for criminal damage to property.
Although he escaped being cited for disorderly conduct, the man was given a no trespassing order and told he could not buy groceries at Woodman's again.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre