Oak Creek — Traffic and Safety Commission member Christopher Guzikowski has notified the city of his intent to run for the District 6 aldermanic post now held by Thomas Michalski.
Guzikowski ran against and lost a bid against Michalski in 2012, when Michalski garnered 372 votes and Guzikowski 353.
Candidates can start circulating nomination papers Dec. 1, and incumbents not seeking re-election must file for non-candidacy by Dec. 27.
Michalski told NOW that he does plan to seek re-election.
If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 18. The general election is April 1. Districts two, four and six are up for election.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre