The Greendale Police Department successfully negotiated with an armed man inside a home in the 6000 block of Oakwood Lane today.
According to a statement issued by police:
Police were alerted to a domestic dispute between a 42-year-old man, his mother and his mother's boyfriend at 10:42 a.m.
"During the argument, the 42-year-old man armed himself with a pistol and fired into the floor of the residence," it states. "The mother and her boyfriend fled the residence and called police, leaving the 42-year-old man in the residence alone."
Police secured the area and contacted the man by phone.
He surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody about 1 p.m.
No one was injured.
The case will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment