Oak Creek — A neighbor upset about the untidy appearance of a nearby liquor store was cited for disorderly conduct after he retaliated by smashing a television set in front of the business June 30.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The Oak Creek man lives near Checker Liquor, 9110 S. Chicago Road. He told police he was upset about the "mess" at the business, and that he had spoken to the city on several occasions but felt not enough was being done to clean up the property.
The man went to the store and confronted the owner about 10:30 a.m. June 30. During the confrontation, the man said he asked the store owner how he would feel if he smashed a TV set on the sidewalk in front of his business "for his customers to see."
When the owner stated, "go ahead," the resident got a TV set and smashed it on the sidewalk in front of the store.
He was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct. The officer also followed up with the city inspections department regarding a clean-up order for the business.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment