Oak Creek — A neighbor upset about the untidy appearance of a nearby liquor store was cited for disorderly conduct after he retaliated by smashing a television set in front of the business June 30.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The Oak Creek man lives near Checker Liquor, 9110 S. Chicago Road. He told police he was upset about the "mess" at the business, and that he had spoken to the city on several occasions but felt not enough was being done to clean up the property.
The man went to the store and confronted the owner about 10:30 a.m. June 30. During the confrontation, the man said he asked the store owner how he would feel if he smashed a TV set on the sidewalk in front of his business "for his customers to see."
When the owner stated, "go ahead," the resident got a TV set and smashed it on the sidewalk in front of the store.
He was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct. The officer also followed up with the city inspections department regarding a clean-up order for the business.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre