· A purse was grabbed and stolen by a man in the parking lot at Walmart, 5301 S. 76th St., at about 7 p.m. July 27. The suspect was described as a 19- or 20-year-old white male weighing about 120 pounds with curly brown hair, wearing a dark blue hoodie and pajama pants with a parrot on them and carrying a large, black purse with a gold stripe on it.
· Six adults and two juveniles were arrested for shoplifting at Southridge Mall, 5300 S. 76th St., between July 25 and July 31.
· One man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and possessing open intoxicants in public, and another man was arrested for possessing open intoxicants in the 6600 block of Schoolway at about 1:50 a.m. July 25.
· A man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop on South 84th Street and West Grange Avenue at about 3:55 a.m. July 25.
· A person was arrested for drugged driving and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after being pulled over for misuse of dealer plates on South 76th Street and West Edgerton Avenue at about 7:10 p.m. July 30.
· A juvenile was arrested for criminal damage to property while riding his bicycle in the 5900 block of West Loomis Road at about 1:50 a.m. July 26. The boy was arrested after the officer found paint markers in his backpack, and the boy admitted using the markers to write on traffic signs and an electrical transformer. He was also cited for a curfew violation.
· The Greendale Fire Department and police responded to a report of a fire in the kitchen at Greendale High School, 6801 Southway, at about 7:05 p.m. July 27.
· A man was arrested for obstructing an officer after he gave police a false name after he was pulled over for a traffic violation on West Grange Avenue and Northway at about 10 p.m. July 25. He was also cited for operating while suspended, no insurance and operating without required lamps.
· Police responding to a report of gun shots and fighting in the front yard of a residence in the 4200 block of Teakwood Court arrested one man for interfering with an officer and battery and another man for disorderly conduct while armed after finding a shell casing outside the residence at about 9:55 p.m. July 26.
· Three women were arrested for fraud after they attempted to use a stolen credit card to purchase merchandise at Macy's, 5300 S. 76th St., at about 3:40 p.m. July 29. The three had attempted to use the stolen card at the store at about 8:15 p.m. July 28 but left the store before police arrived. A security employee recognized the suspects when they returned the next day to attempt another fraudulent purchase.
· Greendale police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted the fire department with one fire call between July 25 and July 31.