Firearms safety classes for satisfying training requirements to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit will be held starting in August at the James Ryan Municipal Building, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd., Hales Corners.
The six - hour course will be taught by police officers who are firearms instructors. It covers safety awareness, proper firearm care, secure storage, legal aspects of carrying a firearm and basic marksmanship. Each participant will pay a nominal fee of $100.
Any member of the public is welcome to attend with the exception of those not yet 21, those who have been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor domestic violence offenses or those prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal law. Also ineligible for the course are those who have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony and the court has prohibited them from possessing a dangerous weapon as a condition of bail or release.
For more information or to register for a class, contact Sgt. Rick VonDrasek at 414-529-6140.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment