Roger and Dores Steckhan will soon celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary.
They married April 20, 1940, at Whitnall Park Lutheran Church in Hales Corners.
The couple resided in Hales Corners for 52 years; Boca Raton, Fla., for 31 years; and Franklin for eight years.
They are the parents of Roger (Mary Ann) Tomahawk and Jean (Brad) Oswald of Franklin. They are the grandparents of Rhonda (Wayne) Kasianowicz of West Allis, Vic Steckhan of West Allis, Mark (Linda) Steckhan of Vernon and Justine Oswald of Madison. They are the great-grandparents of Kyle Steckhan of Muskego.
Roger and Dores met at the Hales Corners Bowling Alley in 1938. Two years later, they married and held their reception for 150 people at the Schroeder Hotel in downtown Milwaukee.
In 1944, Roger was called by the Navy to serve in the Pacific for two years during World War II. After the war, they worked in downtown Milwaukee, Roger in sales and Dores as a bookkeeper, before starting the Pine View Motel in Hales Corners in 1958. Seven years later, they began the Timbers Restaurant. In 1968, they sold the Pine View Motel and moved to Boca Raton, Fla. In 1978, they sold the Timbers Restaurant which is now That's Amore in Hales Corners.
Roger and Dores are enjoying their eighth year living at Forest Hill Highlands Apartments in Franklin.
- Things to Do: July 2, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 25, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 18, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 4, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 28
- Things to Do: May 28, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 21, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 14, 2015 issue
- Things to do: May 7, 2015 issue
- Things to do: April 30, 2015 issue