Franklin High School Principal Mike Cady has been named the 2010 Wisconsin High School Principal of the Year by the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators.
Cady, in his sixth year as Franklin principal, was judged on criteria that included professional preparation/education, memberships in professional organizations, community leadership and other awards and honors.
Cady will be recognized at a statewide conference next year and compete in national competition. He will receive $1,000 to be used toward the high school.
"Certainly, I am humbled and gratified to be acknowledged by my peers in this way," Cady said in a news release. "But most importantly, this award is reflective of the entire staff at Franklin High School, who strive daily for benefit of our students."
Cady began his career in 1994 as a high school social studies teacher at Pulaski High School. Prior to coming to Franklin, he served as associate principal at Pewaukee High School.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment