Busing to St. Martin of Tours Parish School has been partially restored following a compromise between St. Martin and Franklin School District officials.
Two out of six bus routes - one before school, one after - were put back in the district budget and approved unanimously by the Franklin School Board on Wednesday.
The Franklin School Board previously voted to eliminate busing to private schools as a budget cut, but officials from both sides continued to meet and were able to come up with a solution, St. Martin of Tours Principal Jeanne Johnson said.
"We took a scalpel to the budget rather than hatchet," she said. "We're very happy to work with the School District and now that we made a compromise, we're looking forward to a really successful school year."
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment