To help further the city's efforts to redevelop the lakefront area, Oak Creek Storage and Handling will demolish several structures, including the former Peter Cooper glue factory, 9006 S. 5th St.
The Plan Commission on March 24 granted a temporary-use permit to Sigma Environmental Services to allow for the crushing and storage of concrete at the site.
A former fire station and warehouse also will be removed. Work is expected to begin April 15 and to be completed within about six months.
About 80,000 cubic yards of concrete generated through the operation will be taken off-site. Work will occur between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Jack Redmond & Frank Disco Gratke vie for chance at state assembly
- Oak Creek police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Despite tiff on TIF, Oak Creek approves financing plan for IKEA
- Bridge connects offerings at Abendschein Park
- Oak Creek prepares for National Night Out
- Oak Creek Public Library to host Hogwarts Reunion
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre