Oak Creek - Police are investigating burglaries at two businesses in the 8400 block of South Howell Avenue.
According to the police reports:
An employee at DiCarlo's Trattoria & Pizzaria, 8469 S. Howell Ave., called police at 8:58 a.m. March 1 to report the restaurant had been broken into overnight.
The main customer doors to the restaurant had been forced open and the main office had been ransacked. Four cash registers were emptied and stacked in the main entryway. The amount of cash stolen during the burglary is estimated between $15,000 and $20,000.
During the investigation at the restaurant it was discovered an adjoining business, Family Vision, also had been burglarized. Although the doors to the business were found locked, an employee discovered that the petty cash drawer was short $150.
Upon closer inspection of the glass entryway, an officer noted the doors appeared to have been jimmied open to gain access to the business.
Police are following up with the business owners to view surveillance video.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment