Franklin - Police are seeking a 30-year-old Waukesha man who led officers on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of Christmas Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
Officers began pursuing a maroon 1996 Chrysler Concorde after the driver suddenly turned off his headlights and started speeding in the 7800 block of West Imperial Drive, shortly after 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25. The pursuit ended when officers lost sight of the vehicle in the 8200 block of West Winston Way.
At 3:14 a.m. police received word that the car was discovered in the back yard in the 8200 block of West Winston Way. The driver had apparently hit the curb at the dead end of Winston Way and continued driving onto a residential property. The car struck a window well and electric meter on the west side of a home before crashing into a brush pile in the back yard.
The driver, a 30-year-old Waukesha man, was not in the vehicle and officers were unable to find him.
- Franklin Night Out Aug. 1 to kick off national event the following day
- Franklin resident Darlene Habanek to present at Quilt Expo in Madison
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment